Though hair loss is a distressing subject, female hair loss is actually more common than realized.
Female Pattern Baldness or Androgenic Alopecia accounts for 95% of hair loss in women. Hair loss in women occurs because of several factors such as age, menopause, hormonal changes, medical conditions, medications, stress, diet, etc. The impact of balding, thinning hair or alopecia in women can have negatively overwhelming effects on women, much more than men. Some can cause depression and anxiety in women, as well as a feeling of loss of attractiveness and sexuality, loss of self-image and decrease emotional wellbeing.
Scalp Micropigmentation or SMP is the best treatment for women with thinning hair. This safe, non-surgical and non-invasive treatment can help you reclaim the confidence to wear & style your hair how you want it, and with pride. It can increase density to the scalp which gives the appearance of a full, think head of hair.
The procedure of SMP or Scalp Micropigmentation for the treatment of thinning hair or hair loss in women is essentially similar with the men’s. With a micro needle, the size and shape of an actual hair follicle, we instill microdots in the upper dermis and epidermis of the scalp to replicate natural hair follicles.
These pigmented hair follicles add the appearance of density to the hair, as you no longer can see through the hair to the scalp. This appearance of a full head of hair through the SMP process can restore a woman’s self-confidence sexuality and personality that was lost due to hair loss.
What are the Benefits of SMP?
• Scalp micropigmentation camouflages thinner parts of the scalp to disguise women’s hair loss
• Crucially, micropigmentation does not impede the body’s own ability to regenerate the follicles – for example, when stress levels have returned to normal
• Micropigmentation is an effective camouflage to scarring from hair transplant surgery, burns, birthmarks and alopecia
• It’s versatile enough for all ages, skin types and hair colours.
• No more need for wigs or extensions to cover up embarrassing thinning hair