How to Care For Your Hair This Summer
Summer months are right around the corner, so it’s time to prepare ourselves to endure the scorching heat and humidity. One of the more important things we should look out for this hot months is our hair. But when it comes to your thinning hair, you have to be cautious on what you use for your hair as this could lead to hair breakage or damage and worse, increase your hair loss.
Here are a few helpful tips for caring for your thinning hair when using heated styling products.
- Look for hair straighteners or curling irons that have a temperature control – and turn it down. Always go for a cooler setting.
- Don’t tug or pull too much with the flat iron or curling iron when you are styling as your hair will tend to break more.
- Never skip to use a heat protectant or conditioning treatment on your hair prior to styling for optimum protection.
- Aim for loose curls instead of tight ones. You won’t pull at your hair and you’ll minimize potential damage.
- Keep your heated styling products clean and free of debris and build up which can tug at your fine, thin hair.
- Opt for hot rollers over curling irons – they don’t get as hot as curling irons and you’ll get a smooth, full look.
- Try to straighten hair without heat. Use smoothing products and a wide-tooth comb to achieve a smooth look.
- If you are planning to spend an entire day at the beach, use protection not only for your skin but also for your hair. Debel Defensive Protective Water contains aloe vera enriched with UVA and UVB filters to shield effectively and protect your hair from the sun and from its degenerative action. Protects against stressors, without weighing the hair down. (Available exclusively at VTC)
If you can, avoid using heat altogether. If you absolutely must, then make sure to follow the tips above. Our team of hair professionals at Vivandi Trichology Center can help you with more tips and styling. Stop by and see us today. And may you enjoy a long, hot summer with cool hair!